2013년 4월 27일 토요일

I Hate My Brother!


I have a thirteen-year-old brother who sometimes makes matters grow bigger. “I will have a bazaar in my next class,” said my brother. I was quiet and wondered why he is informing to me. Am I going to be involved? I became defensive. “I want to have my shop “Handmade” and I will sell things that I made by myself, and I want to sell cookies. But I don’t know how to bake cookies.” Here we go again. He wants me to help him AGAIN! I didn’t want to be involved in crazy situation so I said “no”, but he didn’t give up. He started to whine in his goose honking voice (his voice is recently breaking) and I couldn’t bear it, so I ordered him in serious tone in little bit annoyed, “Go and buy thy ingredients”. He immediately ran out to buy ingredients joyfully.

We started to make butter cookie dough. We just followed recipe and measured ingredients so it wasn’t hard. No, I should say ‘I finished’ making cookie dough, since he was playing mobile phone game all the time. I wondered why he said ‘help me’ if he do anything. He should have said ‘please do it for me’ instead. Anyway, after he stamped cookie dough in round shape, I started to bake cookies. He wanted me to show how to bake, so I put on cookie dough on frying pan (since we don’t have oven, it is hard to bake cookies. That’s why I refused his request at first). I put a lid on frying pan and waited until it baked well. I showed him what is baked well and told him that since this frying pan can’t conduct heat evenly, you should pay attention to every cookie and flip them frequently.

I thought that my job is finished, but it wasn’t. He kept shouted “Sis! Help me out! I think it’s burnt! Check this out!” while I’m reading a book in my room. Then I read the book next to the frying pan and checked whether cookies are baked enough while he played mobile game. Though it is fun to bake cookies, I felt weird because it looked like as if he is totally making me to do his own job. Plus, the worse thing is, he just didn’t recognize it is cunning behavior, so I couldn’t scold him about that because he couldn’t understand what it means, then I pressed down my anger and tried to think ‘he is kid, you can’t be mad at kid, that’s immature behavior’. After that, he left mess that he made, so I should clean the kitchen. I know it is not a behavior of grown-up, but I hate my brother!

댓글 1개:

  1. There is quite an age gap between you and your brother. Actually your brother's behavior reminds me of my younger sister when I was in high school!

    답글삭제